Thursday, July 31, 2014

One Recipe: Blueberry & Lemon Thyme Hand Pies

This post is another in the “One Recipe” series in which, in between destination visits, I am sharing recipes featuring previous Local Choice ingredients.

I love the combination of fresh summer fruit and fragrant herbs. This time of year, Ohio berries are at their peak and herbs are abundant at every farmer's market. I was lucky enough to head up to The Blueberry Patch and pick my own little blue super foods, and as a reward for all that hard manual labor I thought I would celebrate the season with this delicious dessert. These portable hand pies are a perfect end to your summer barbeque or picnic.

This recipe pairs naturally sweet Blueberry Patch blueberries with floral Jorgensen Farms lemon thyme all wrapped up in a buttery and flaky crust sealed with a wash made from a farm fresh egg from Birds Haven Farms.

Click on the recipe card to print your copy:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment